RSS feed Freshpilot on Facebook

Sigh, another exploding MacBook

Just when we thought we heard the last of exploding laptops a guy from Melbourne, Australia reports that he was spending some quality time in the couch with his bought-in-June-2006 MacBook yesterday, afterwards he left it charging over the night in the bookshelf. Bad move. At 3am his girlfriend heard it starting to hiss, followed by a bright flash. Bye bye MacBook – rest in pieces.

“The battery is swollen and burnt so it’s definitely the battery that exploded and caught fire. The macbook is melted on the bottom and severely charred (along with my bookshelves, books, magazines and the wall). The space bar is melted as is the track pad. The screen has been damaged a little too.”

Read the full story at MacTalk.com.au

(Via NewLaunches)

Posted by TG March 12th 2007 | Leave a comment » | Permalink

© Freshpilot 2010 | Designed and maintained by Hello Robot | About | Contact | Advertise | RSS